Only bring what you really need
However you arrive, you'll inevitably have to carry your stuff a fair distance to where you camp. As part of the Recycling Crew and the Love The Farm, Leave No Trace campaign, we encourage you to only bring things which you can take home - and that includes your tent. In fact, please make sure you don’t leave anything behind.
What to bring
- Tent (lines/poles/groundsheet/pegs)
- Sleeping mat/sleeping bag/duvet/pillow
- Sturdy boots to work in – definitely NOT trainers
- Waterproof coat and over trousers
- Enough changes of clothes in case you get wet – you will be given a recycler’s t-shirt when you arrive
- Spectacles/contacts and solution
- Ear plugs/cotton wool
- Toilet roll
- Toiletries (toothbrush/paste, tampons, shaving items)
- Sun cream
- Reusable water bottle, to fill up from the free taps on site
- Torch/batteries/bulbs (spares)
- Mobile phone
- Camera for personal use only
- Mark valuables with house number & postcode
- Medications (prescriptions/inhalers/sundries). Please see Festival Prescribed Medication Policy
- Medical info (allergies etc)
- Personal I.D./travel ticket(s)
- Confirmation Letter
- Driving licence (ideally with up to date address, so it - and anything with it - can be posted back to you if lost)
- A warm sweater (it can get cold - particularly if it's wet)
- Clean clothes to go home in
- Bags (for dirty clothing and footwear)
If you forget to bring any essential kit, there are several camping accessory stalls that sell supplies.
What not to bring
- Gazebos - they take up valuable tent space in the campsite (and we have better places to sit down with your friends) – also do not put tape around your enclosure of tents. It makes it hard for people to get to their tents and may damage your tent.
- Tents larger than needed as space is limited & you may be asked to remove it.
- More food and alcohol than you can consume (there’s a bar in Tom's Field marquee).
- Glass bottles. They are dangerous and will be confiscated.
- You may be searched upon entry for any items that may be used in an illegal or offensive manner - and these will be confiscated. Persons suspected of carrying out illegal and/or offensive activities onsite will be searched and may face eviction.
- Portable laser equipment, sound systems, generators, sky lanterns, kites, fireworks, wax flares or drones.
- Unauthorised tape recorders, professional film or video equipment. Cameras for personal use are welcome.
- Large fires and the burning of plastic are not be allowed.
- Animals with the exception of registered guide dogs.