- Can you change the times of shifts?
- Can I change my shifts?
- Can I arrive earlier than Thursday?
- I hear there’s a party on Thursday night?
- What are the postcodes for Red & Blue Gates?
- Where do I camp?
- Are the meals vegetarian / vegan?
- When will I be refunded?
- Can I bring my bicycle?
- If I come by motorbike do I need a car pass?
- I’m working on the After festival shifts - where do I park my car?
- Can I leave my tent?
- Can I bring my dog?
- Is there paid work after the festival?
- When are the Pedestrian gates open?
- When will I get my ticket?
- Is there a map of the site?
- Will I get a t-shirt?
- Will I get a programme?
- What will happen if I don't do any/all my shifts?
- I'm working Monday pm / or in the after festival shifts and the festival buses will have stopped so how do I get to the station?
- What should I bring?
- Which gate do I use?
- Would wet weather affect getting here?
- Can I bring my children?
No – shift times are set
No, not once they have been allocated
See Travel on your account.
Yes, from the Monday* onwards but if you wish to arrive on Tuesday make sure you get here in the MORNING later arrivals won't get onto site till 8am Wednesday. Also, remember you only get free meals on your work days. If you want to leave site anytime then please check when car parks are open or closed.
(*or Sunday for ‘Before’ workers).
Yes, approx. 7pm Thurs 22rd Tom’s Field Marquee. Bar, live music and Michael Eavis! Something special too (bring money!).
Any changes - watch this space.
Red = BA4 4EE, BLUE = BA4 6SZ
Tom’s Field which is the designated campsite for the Recycling Team. We do not recommend you camp elsewhere as meals are provided in TF marquee and you meet your teamleader there each morning prior to your shifts starting. The only exception is for families who can camp in Cockmill Meadow Family Campsite near TF.
Yes. You will be given meal tokens for 2 meals on each of your working days and the meals are served in Tom’s Field marquee. For those of you who can’t live a few days without meat, there are loads of food outlets for carnivores elsewhere on site (which you pay for yourself).
During the month of July/August. If you haven’t received yours by the end of August please contact Fiona. In case there is a query over your refund, please make sure you get signed off by your teamleader at the end of each shift and that you let the staff in Tom’s Field Recycling Office know of any changes to the shifts you’ve done.
Yes, but not onto site. See "Travel" on your account.
No, but you must use Gate A – See "Travel" on your account.
You should move your car after 5pm on Monday 26th June into Tom’s Field. You will need a special pass for this so please ask at the Tom’s Field office. THIS ONLY APPLIES IF YOU ARE WORKING AFTER THE FESTIVAL.
No!!! Please take your tent and everything else home with you. As Recyclers you must show a good example and leave your camp area clean.
No - no animals are allowed on site.
Yes, litter picking for the big clean up. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Open 24hrs a day from 8am Sunday 18th excluding 2am - 8am Wed 21st though some Vehicle Gates will allow workers in on foot ie VG2 Blue route near PGB & VG4 Red route some way from VGA. (this is all subject to change so check this list nearer the festival).
N.B. VG4 is a long way from Tom’s Field so arriving Tues. night is not recommended.
We don’t post out tickets, but you will be sent a letter in early June which allows you access to your designated gate where you collect your ticket. DON’T LOSE IT!
N.B. Gate A is Pedestrian Gate A signposted PGA and Gate B is Pedestrian Gate B signposted PGB
There will be one on the Recycling website under ‘Useful Information’.
Yes, when you register you will be given a Recycler’s t-shirt. You should have entered the size you require on your application.
Yes, when you register, providing there are enough.
If you intentionally fail to turn up for work or complete your shifts your name will be put on a list and you won’t be allowed back to work at the Festival (see Terms of Employment). Nor will you be refunded. If you fall ill or have to leave site for an emergency then you must tell your supervisor and the staff in Tom’s Field office. If you don’t then you may lose your refund.
See Travel Information.
Go to your login page and see ‘Packing List’.
You should have selected your arrival gate on your web account - see ‘Choose a Gate’.
Yes, it could do. Be prepared for queues and delay getting to site.
Children can camp with parents in Crew Camping or Cockmill Meadow Family Camping but parents must be responsible at all times.
- 12 years or under are free but will need to provide proof of age (eg birth certificate). 13+ need an ordinary ticket (see GFL website on how to apply).
- All children will need a photo for the register so they can be given a Tom’s Field security wristband laminate(Recyclers’ camping field). Please send to Fiona.
- Children cannot accompany parents when working so provision must be made for their care Children must not be left unattended whilst parents work.
- Meals are provided to Recyclers when they work but not to their children though they can be purchased in Tom’s Field marquee
If you arrive whilst construction or dismantling is underway onsite, please ensure your children are supervised at all times for safety reasons
Please note that there is a site wide vehicle curfew in operation on Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the show from 10pm to 3am.
Please try to reduce your vehicle passes this year by encouraging friends to use public transport or car share. Useful websites to look at are www.nationalexpress.com, www.thetrainline.com, www.gocarshare.com, www.liftshare.com and www.pastyconnection.com